Sunday, July 13, 2008

Peas in two pods

I find myself down by the local marinas quite a bit with the dog, which means I get to see a lot of different boats. Usually they are much larger than the two pictured here, but the sight of them stuck with me as I continued my walk. The simplicity of sitting barely on top of the water, able to paddle into the shallows seems relaxing and enjoyable to me. If I ever do manage to get a boat, I would hope that I have a couple kayaks like these lashed to it to better explore the little places that a larger craft cannot go.

The only problem with kayaks (as I see it) is the storage of said boats when not in use. We don't have a car, and even if we did, finding a place to keep them in our limited amount of space would be challenging to say the least. Well that, and the risk that we stop taking them out on the water because of the hassle in getting them there. Thinking of all of this reminds me that I really need to get my bike back on the road before summer is over for another year.

No comments: