Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Moonlight dinner


Moonlight dinner
Originally uploaded by iTripped
I found out today that due to the fact that I had my uvula removed about five years ago, I do not qualify for a new anti-snoring procedure. I was in for a consultation today and the doctor determined that my snoring is coming from the sides of my throat, so even if I did not have the earlier procedure done, the newer one (that involves injecting silicone rods into your soft palate) would probably not have helped me either. To top it off, this new procedure has never been done on people who have also had the other procedure done, so basically no doctor is going to want to try on me anyway.

My only option at this point is to use a CPAP machine, which basically means trying to sleep with a face mask on. I certainly hope that modern medical science is able to figure out an alternative measure for me but at this point, it doesn't seem wise to hold my breath.

On a brighter note, today's photo was taken when Holly and I were eating at the resort. I had to use the tripod on my camera to hold it steady for the long exposure, but was happy with how the photo turned out. On Thursday I will have to pick up the bride and groom at the airport and look forward to hearing what other adventures they had after we left. Should be fun.

No comments: