Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Mein Gott! Das bier ist serr gut!

Yes, I know the title is in very broken German. It is somehow appropriate, since my European speaking skills never improved in the short time I was there. But I did learn how to order beer well enough to choose the variety I liked best.

Our vacation was just what I needed. We had good times, we had confusing times, we were stressed out to our limits (when my wife was sick and I was frantically trying to relocate her passport that we left behind at the wedding reception the night before) and we had moments of pure awe. In short, it was just the change of pace I needed to shake me loose from the complacency I was feeling before the trip.

We took lots of pictures so now my thoughts are to how to organize them. I don't really want to give them away to Facebook so I guess I will have to decide to either commit to Flickr or to choose another online site. Reccomendations are always appreciated. I am sure I will post a few of the better ones here as I continue to digest all that we experienced.

The reason we took the trip to Germany was to see our friends get married. If for no other reason, I am glad I went for that. The wedding was very nice, in a beautiful setting (a chapel in a castle) and the reception was fun, crazy and inviting. Both families got along very well and everyone was there to celebrate, so a good time was had by all. Some, more than others.

Well, those are my first thoughts. I have lots of stories and many more fond memories from the trip. But one post at a time, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.. nice vacation! Visiting a castle and drinking beer.. what else a man can ask for? lovely pictures and I see your German is coming along ;)