Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Power in the sky

The other night I was walking along the streets of Downtown Vancouver. Since I am still a little unfamiliar with the area, my head is like a tourist - always looking up at the tall office buildings. It was another night shrouded in a fog so dense that I could not see the tops of the highest buildings.

To say the fog added to the atmosphere that night would be more than a little redundant.

Anyway, as I was walking along the street (headed to the nearest skytrain terminal) I looked up and saw a portable power generator suspended in the sky. There was a crane mounted on the roof of an office tower and they were in the process of lowering some of the equipment from the roof.

That was about it. Sorry, no snapped cables, no crushed little old ladies. (after all, it wasn't a grand piano) Just something big suspended above pedestrians.

No comments: