Saturday, April 30, 2005

Kershaw Chive


Kershaw Chive
Originally uploaded by iTripped.
If I was to carry a pocket knife, this would be the one I wanted most. It comes in a variety of finishes, including multi-coloured titanium, etc. but there is something to be said for the simple elegance of the polished steel. They are pretty pricey up here in Canada, but in the US, even Wal-Mart carries the chive for a decent price (but not the cheapest).

What I like about it is the small size and quality of construction. I used to carry a small knife with me, until I lost it on a trip home from Vancouver. Anyway, I'm hoping that one day a generous relative (or spouse) happens to get me one as a gift.

1 comment:

iTripped said...

yeah, I agree about Wenger - they are better. I have also looked at Gerber, who make nice knives, but have settled on the Chive because of the small size - it can go on my keyring which means I won't forget it.