Monday, April 18, 2005

Not only is it shiney, but it works too!


Razor
Originally uploaded by iTripped.
Yes, it works. What I have found is the modern razors allow one to be sloppy or rushed without consequence. I don't have a problem with that - in fact, I grew quite used to it.

No, this has always been about me being a cheapskate. Or more accurately, not willing to spend a small fortune for the convenience. It's also about using fewer disposable products that contribute to our landfills.

By the way, the penny is included in the shot to give a sense of scale. This is also before any polishing has been done to the razor.

I have found that it works very well, provided that I take my time. Also, I have only wet-shaved with it, and have no plans to use it dry-shaving. Holly commented on how close a shave I was getting when she noticed I had less stubble after 2 days than I would normally have after one. There is a learning curve though, as it is possible to get too close of a shave.

2 comments:

iTripped said...

Yeah, well even Redbeards require a trim now and again.

iTripped said...

doubt it. This is about as retro as I plan to go. Perhaps get a shaving brush and shaving mug, but that's about it. I might start collecting them though, if I can find some interesting ones.