Thursday, February 26, 2009

We got a snow warning for this?

Vancouver had a 'SEVERE SNOWFALL WARNING' last night but as you can see by the photo, the results on the following morning were somewhat underwhelming. On the other hand, I was quite pleased with the result.

My bike is scheduled to come out of the shop tomorrow afternoon, which means my training for the ride can officially start on March 1st. Not as early as some, but still soon enough to give me adequate time to get physically prepared for the trip. I also got a phone call from one of the 'ride guides' tonight and he was able to answer a bunch of questions I had. He was also good at getting me even more excited about it - we will be talking again soon to hopefully schedule me in for an Orientation meeting where I will be introduced to fellow riders as well as volunteers who will support us not only on the ride, but also with the fund raising aspect as well.

Speaking of support, there have been a couple people in my office who have stepped forward to offer their services for a bake sale! Of course our target audience will be the OTHER co-workers in that same office who hopefully have a weakness for exotic sweet stuff. We will see what we can put together. Still, it was pleasantly surprising to see the enthusiasm that others have been showing for this event.

I am blogging updates on my personal page at the Conquer Cancer website as well - the updates there will be more event and ride specific, tend to be shorter and hopefully more frequent. If you find yourself wondering how I am doing with the fund raising or training, that will be the best spot to find out. Oh, and you can conveniently donate right from that page too - just click the big yellow button!

No comments: