Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On the prowl for a bike

Ever since I moved back to Vancouver, I have been itching to get my butt onto a bike. (Yes, I worded it that way on purpose.) I used to own a nice road bike but left it back in Ontario and now seriously doubt I will ever see it again. My other ride is a typical mountain bike but it needs some work to become rideable once again.

For a while now I have been scouring craigslist to see what I can find for cheaper, yet non-vintage (ie. something better than heavy, crappy parts) road bikes. I haven't quite found what I want at a price I want to pay. My new plan is to take my mountain bike and re-work it into a road-hybrid. The more I think about this plan, the more I like it. I have a lot of memories with this bike - riding it again would be a good thing.

No comments: