Sunday, April 23, 2006

Finally a diesel SUV


Jeep is now offering the Liberty with an optional diesel engine. The link is for the US site, but it is also offered here in Canada as well. When it first came out, I wasn't really a fan of the Liberty, but over time I have come to like it at least a little more. I suppose I would be really excited if they offered the CRD engine in a TJ, and who knows, maybe they will. But even if they don't, I think this is a good move for Jeep and I hope they sell lots of these cars. I would love to mod one to run on straight vegetable oil, much like Vegetapaul did with his antique Mercedes.

Plus, a 5000 lb towing capacity? That's INSANE for a 4 cylinder! Give me money and sign me up. Suddenly I really want one of these cars.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Liberty on your blog is just asking for a McDonalds sticker on the back. It's even the right shade of ronald red!