Saturday, January 28, 2006

Walking the dog around the office

Well I thought I would check up on the homeless guys, since Louise and I were at the office today. I knew that at some point we would have to go for a walk, and the vacant lot behind our office building would be perfect for her and I to snoop around.

Well it was either that or I let her play in traffic. Personally, I think I made the responsible choice today.

Anyway, the tent owners were either sleeping or not at home when we were in the area because we saw no signs of them. Which is probably good. My journalism skills really aren't that good so I don't know if I could have pulled off a successful interview. Still, I'm kind of happy to see that they are surviving the winter and haven't had to be forcibly evicted or anything stupid like that. I wonder what the squatter laws are around here - if they last a year do they suddenly get ownership of their land? Probably not, but it would be cool.

UPDATE: After I got back to my desk I noticed a cat snooping around the tent, that looked a LOT like our cat Roscoe. Too bad I don't have an optical zoom on my camera, otherwise I would have grabbed a snapshot of their pet, assuming the cat is theirs.

No comments: