Thursday, June 23, 2005

Another interesting kit plane


zipster2
Originally uploaded by iTripped.
This little marvel is an ultralight kit airplane designed by Ed Fisher. He calls it the Zipster and it certainly looks fun.

As built, the plane weighs 249 lbs and has a cruise speed of 55 mph. Stall speed is a mere 27 mph. If you need more speed and don't require the ultralight status, a larger engine can be installed.

Overall, this makes a nice plane for taking a solo flight on a sunny day. I'm still looking for pricing info, as well as specifications such as effective range. I'll update as I find more. The design kind of reminds me of a World War I fighter plane - something that would go up against the Red Baron. Follow the link for more pictures, including some of the cockpit.
zipster1

No comments: