Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday post for 2008

Another year older, I suppose. I can't say that I am one who is overly concerned with my calendar age as I firmly believe that both my physical and emotional ages are significantly lower. Some would say especially so to the latter, to which I might be inclined to agree.

I took these two photos on my way into the office this morning, after my wife and I grabbed breakfast at Denny's. It's a little tradition we started a few years back have but it had an unintended side effect of having to get up earlier than usual, in order to make it into the office on time.

As you can see, it was fairly peaceful this morning. We had a major release on the weekend and I was happy to find that things were still peaceful in the office this morning too. (If the release was of poor quality, we tend to hear about it from our customer pretty quickly. While it is too early to rule this one a success, it is a good sign that there are no early complaints.)

Noel continued my tradition of free food on my birthday by treating me to lunch, which was also quite nice. The Sweet Basil Cafe makes a super tasty clubhouse sandwich that can be a challenge to eat if you aren't able to dislocate your jaw. The sandwich is just that thick and the cafe is just a couple blocks from the office.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help make the day better than normal for me. At this point my day is barely half over so I am sure there are more surprises in store for me still, but I have to say that year thirty nine is off to a great start.

No comments: