Friday, May 19, 2006

Have wifi, will travel

Last night I picked up Apple's WiFi card for our laptop. I'm looking forward to getting it installed and freeing the laptop from those troublesome ethernet cords.

Now if only the charger cable wasn't so flaky these days. Looks like that might be next on the list. If you know of anyone with a spare ibook or powerbook charger, let me know.

One great thing about having this card is that once everything is up and running, I hope to be able to set up the router and DSL modem in a different room so that I can hook the other computer up via cable. Currently, I have it connected via wifi with a USB adaptor. Not a bad situation, but it is plugged into a USB 1.1 slot which really slows things down. Overall that is still okay since the entire computer is slow as well. But that is an upgrade project for another day. Speaking of upgrade projects, has everyone seen the upgrade video for the new Macbook? It's less than a minute long, so take a peek if you haven't already.

So back to the title. It looks like I am going to be doing another whirlwind trip to Vancouver this weekend. I won't be leaving until Sunday, so Monday is really going to be the only day I have to do things. But at least it's a holiday, right? Oh, and for those who know me, fear not: I'm renting a car for the trip. The Jeep stays in Vernon.

No comments: