Friday, May 01, 2009

The utility of cycling

Yep, that's right. I'm ordering pizza pick-up orders now instead of delivery. I can get to the pizzeria in under 5 minutes so it just doesn't make sense to wait a half hour to 45 minutes anymore. The 'za is still hot by the time I get back.

Of course, none of that matters when I get home and find out that what we have is not what we ordered. A quick call back to the store and I was off for a second trip to pick up a second pizza - this one free of charge, and this time made with the right ingredients. But hey, at least I'm getting the miles in on the bike, right? It's kind of like eating for free as I practically race home.

Not that I'm at a point where I am counting calories - unless it's something truly sinful like a DQ Blizzard or a hamburger and fries - if I'm going to go hog wild with junk food I will make informal calculations like 'it's probably going to take me thirty kms to burn this off.' But hey, if it keeps me motivated to spin the wheels, it's kind of justified, right?

No comments: