Friday, November 23, 2007

Fog, glorious fog

I am a Maritimer. I have a strong preference to live in a coastal area. Growing up, I always liked it when the fog would roll in, obscuring just about everything and deadening all sound.

It's one of the things I miss most about living on the East Coast.

This morning, I woke up and began my morning commute (after a fantastic American Thanksgiving dinner last night - but that's another story) and wandered toward the skytrain station. It was a pretty sunny morning and I remember thinking that I really need to remember to pack my sunglasses for the odd day when they are needed in Vancouver. The morning sun shines directly down Robson Street, blinding all of us non-awake commuters.

A few minutes later and I am on the train, heading toward Science World, when I look up and notice that False Creek is enshrouded in a thick bank of fog.

Instantly, my day improved about 100%.

The pictures here are pointed toward the site for Olympic Village as seen from Science World and I will put a few more up on flickr. But really, I'm not sure how interesting they are going to be.

No comments: