Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sleep deprived in Shubenacadie

My flight was uneventful, but I was not able to sleep. Luckily I brought a good book to read on the plane, since I wasn't really in the mood to pay $5.00 for a pay-per-view movie (and another $3.00 for uncomfortable headphones). At least the selection they had was somewhat current.

My flight arrived ahead of schedule, but I still had to wait until 7:00 am to get the rental car as the rental agency didn't open before then. Again, the book to the rescue. At this rate, I'm pretty glad that I brought two books since it is looking like I will get through them both.

I arrived at my sister's place early enough to visit with her two children before they headed off to school. It seems I get back just often enough for them not to forget me entirely. After the whirlwind of activity, the house seems strangely quiet - in a nice way. I find myself posting here while my sister gets ready. I expect this to be a rare moment, since most of my family go without computers.

Oh yeah - I stole one of her pictures from Peggy's Cove for today's post.

No comments: