Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Boxing Day Madness

Yes, it's true. I'm a sucker for Boxing day sales. It is the one day of the year when my cheapness overrides my lazy tendencies. (For you American readers, Boxing Day is the Canadian equivalent of Black Friday.) Case in point, this Boxing day I woke up at 4:40 am (thank you honey, for waking me when my alarm didn't go off) with only about three hours of sleep. This was in an effort to be at Futureshop early enough to beat the crowds for the 6:00 am opening.

But it was worth it. I got a wireless router and an LCD panel for the home computer.

I also picked up a hard drive at Staples, only to return it the next day (wrong connector type) and returned to Futureshop to get one there. So now the home computer is up and running, after about a year of not working.

Of course, there was a full day of shopping to follow my early morning expedition, but to be honest, I was getting pretty tired and had to rely on my wife to stay focused. Overall, we had a pretty good haul this year. Were the holidays good for the rest of you?

1 comment:

Kriss Andsten said...

No shopping so that just has to be good holidays eh? You'll find that I updated the blog a bit with that (as to avoid snide comments from your side, of course :-)