Monday, June 11, 2007

Yes, so like the rest of the online world, my blog has suffered inattention due to me trying out Facebook. But now that my account is set up and my current friends have me added, etc. I find that my activity there is substantially less. Which is good, since that was really just a method of re-establishing social connections - at least for me.

Facebook is actually the tool I was looking for about 10 years ago when I moved out west. (Okay, it's been longer than that, but c'mon.) To see it now is nice, even if half of my old friends and family will never use a computer. Even those who strongly resisted Facebook have succumbed, which is entertainment in itself. Too bad there is still that 'kids-only' perception to this web application.

Moving right along: this morning when I got to the office I was quite tired, due to not getting to bed early enough. But that's ok, since Noel seemed to be way worse off than I was. Being so tired, I figured that I would have a cup of coffee, despite the earlier problems that forced me to give it up for a while. This is when I noticed that we got new coffee cups at work - glass ones. This would have been totally unremarkable if not for the way the coffee looks when being brewed in the office coffee machine - it looks like a freshly built Guinness beer!

Good old coffee. Now I get to give it up all over again.

No comments: